Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Because ... I made something

So I finally finished my project.  The toddler tower that is.  Here are pics of Nathan abusing it.
He uses it as a jungle gym, a place to grab food off of the counter, and to watch mommy/daddy cooking.  This weekend he helped James make bagels.  It is great that he can stand on it, and we don't have to worry about him tipping it, or getting it dirty with whatever he is working with.

I love the color (I stained instead of painting it), and the design was really easy to follow.  Here is the link again to plans:
http://ana-white.com/2010/12/helping-tower.html

She does more than just baby/kid stuff, like beds, tables, chairs, etc.  I am currently thinking about going up to Alaska and paying homage to her.

So yah me.  Yah my little man.  And yah the lady in Alaska.

5 comments:

  1. That's pretty sweet.

    Also, that pose in the first picture is totally gangsta. "You best STEP OFF!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize he was all gansta. The Hugh Hefner top kind of ruins it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an awesome job! You are mighty handy with the tools j9. That is a great project and the little man is loving it. Cliff is right, he is kind of gangsta, and that is his crib!

    That website has lots of great stuff. I like woodwork myself so might have to make me a media stand for the stuff downstairs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how the thing folds up. I am jealous of your hinges.
    Yes, I have hinge-envy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what you could make? You could make 31 posts in 31 days over August and a bit of September.

    I'm thinking summer blog challenge.

    I'm thinking August 08, 2011.

    Wanna try, just because?

    ReplyDelete