Thursday, November 4, 2010

Because ... watching tv on the computer kills time

So, if you don't already know, I have some time to kill everyday.  I can only surf the web for so long before I run out of things to read, so I have stumbled into the land of watching tv on the computer to kill time.

One of the challenges is that the main US channels will not allow you to watch in Canada.  But there are many Canadian TV stations that host these shows, and thus have them on their websites.  Here are some of the links that I use:

ctv.ca
globaltv.com
citytv.com
surfthechannel.com

The first three are pretty obvious, but they work.  And while CityTV and Global don't put the shows up very quickly, CTV does a really good job.

The last site, surfthechannel, is a website that allows you to find the show you want to watch and links to places where you can watch it.  The ones that you can only watch in US have little US flags beside them, so it makes it pretty easy.  Mostly it links to MegaVideo, which is a solid site.  The only down side is that after 90 minutes of watching, it makes you take a break of 70 minutes, unless you want to join their site and pay a subscription fee.

So now you know all my tricks.  If you have any, pass them on.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! Thanks for the links! Now I can finally watch the last bit of Top Chef Washington we missed.

    Yay for Top Chef!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had a job that let me waste time on the internet. Oh, wait...

    ReplyDelete