So I haven't posted in awhile. No really good reason. Kind of busy. Kind of not. But here is some of the stuff that has been happening:
1. The one year anniversary of my dad's passing came and went in December. It was a hard day, but an even harder Christmas. Even though last year was technically the first Christmas without him, I think the shock didn't really let it sink in. This Christmas it did though. Despite having a two year old running around, it seemed more subdued and quieter. Things were just off.
My Dad was a hard man to like on the best of days. And there are few found memories of him in the last 10 years. More memories of me getting mad, or being disappointed with him. I could go into all the reasons this happened, but why. At the end of the day, it is hard for me to find good memories, and nothing is going to change that.
2. Nathan turned 2. And in the past week, he has been such a great little boy. He is trying to talk, which has helped with the tantrums. I like this a lot better. I sure do love my little monster.
3. New Years came and went. And the only resolution I made was to have this baby. Seems like something I can't change the outcome on, but it seems like a good resolution to me. I am looking at the year as either being pregnant or not. I can't wait to see what/who has been doing somersaults in my tummy (totally new sensation ... Nathan was a kicker, not a turner). And with that comes joy of a new baby, and the challenge of having two.
4. Putting in new baseboards in our living room. When we had the hardwood put into the family room, they had undercut the baseboards, and they looked like shit. So over the span of a week, I pulled the old ones off, painted them, cut them, put them on, and caulked them. James was a great help with the cutting, and Brandi is a genius with the caulk ;) I have to say they look pretty good, if I do say so myself.
So what is planned for the new year:
1. I have a couple of projects that I want to get done in the next little while. I have a sewing project on the go, and I want to build this:
website. It is a great website for really neat wood working projects, that this amazing lady goes through and tells you how to build them. I am working up the courage to try this, and to stand in the cold garage making all the cuts.
2. Having some time off work. Not that maternity leave is a vacation. But work ... at the best of times ... is slow. I hate having to kill the day away. And being home with kids is definitely not like that. Maybe killing the day until backup comes though.
3. Spending the whole summer season at the cabin. Last year we got the cabin half way through the summer, so I am looking forward to being out there more. Plus my brother is talking about building a new shed. So that sounds like fun to me.
So that is about all that is going on in my little life, and my little head. Sorry it started off so sad. I guess I just had to get that off my chest first. But here is hoping the rest of the year goes well, and that I can enjoy the new projects and days ahead.