Monday, August 9, 2010

Because ... I live for the weekend

So I have lost the blogging challenge.  I am told that I outlasted Kelly and Vlad, so I take solace in that.

But it is really because I live for my weekend.  I keep busy, and like to be outside.  And the idea of sitting down and blogging just doesn't appeal to me on the weekend.

Why does it appeal to me on the weekdays?  Well, because I am super unbusy at work.  I have tonnes of time to kill, and blogging takes up some of that time.

So I get through my boring week, looking forward to the weekend where I can do what I want and be busy as I like.

My husband on the other hand sees it differently.  He is busy all week with the "monster" (our 19 month old baby, who can scale up the side of just about anything), and looks forward to the weekend where he is not parenting by himself.  (Here is a picture of the "monster" in his glory.  And yes ... that is a purple bracelet on his arm.)

So ... what is worse?  Having 5 days of boredom looking forward to the weekend?  Or having 5 days of excitement, looking forward to a relaxing weekend?

10 comments:

  1. I'm out apparently? I have posted something every day of at least 150 words.. Perhaps I missed some obscure point somewhere..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyhoo, in response to your post i'd have to say the 5 days of excitement is worse because knowing kids the excitement is usually visits to the emergency room and other "fun" things :)
    I know it's going to be strange around the house for the next week with Morgan in Sask. with her grandparents and just Luke at home with Lorry and I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry if I am wrong Kelly. I was going off of what Cliff said. So I blame him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In all seriousness though even if I am out I don't really mind. I came into the challenge knowing I was never going to win against some of the semi-pro writers we have and it is more of a personal challenge to try and get something up on there every day till the end. Cliff didn't expect me to seriously continue posting past the first day anyways :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, that is an awesome Monster picture. From a worse perspective I am sure a happy medium would please most people.

    I am usually insanely busy at work and would love some boredom, but having said that, the days go so slowly that I do work better under pressure.

    My job is very stressful, so I don't like to much of a schedule on the weekends, so i can de-compress. One activity is good for me.

    I think everyone is different and things change in various stages of life.

    I will forgive you for not blogging on the weekend : ) If you can be at the lake or doing something that you really enjoy then I say...you go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought you'd posted at one point that you were sorry you missed a day or something, Harll. Perhaps I was wrong.

    Maybe it's just you, Janine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I haven't missed a day yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's not winning or losing, in my mind, if you don't blog every day. Blogging every day is about maximizing Awesome Points. That's all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, the blogging challenge is just that: a challenge. It's great that you're blogging, whatever the frequency.

    and you were the same way when you were at home 5 days a week with the monster.. you still wanted to go away every weekend. that's just part of who you are i think.

    For me going away for a weekend somewhere is being social 100% of the time with no break. I like being social, but I require alone time to recharge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Inside Kyle's head - Hey, there's Nathan! That doesn't look like J+J's place... hey wait... that's my house!

    Sometimes I'm about as sharp as a spoon.

    ReplyDelete